Monday, August 02, 2010

Artfully naked

Xuan and his art.
Kids draw differently at different stage of development. Sometimes they have something very interesting going on. Then after afew months they dissapear. The more adult instructions, the faster the naive originality dissapear. I witness it in eldest 5 years old Shanyang. He had something intricate going on at his 4 yrs, but recently it is disappearing.

So adsorbed.
Xuan recently just started to form some conscious creation. very consistently he drew faces. steady continuous strokes. I find it very unique. Wondering how i can immortalised it b4 it changes. Recently saw a friend even allow her kids to draw on her white car. I started to have ideas over my blank cupboard.
Firm support.
Xuan @ Scribbling stage from 2-3 yrs
I was thinking of disposing this cupboard. Now i think i will cherish it for life.  Check out Drawing Development in Children

2 comments:

Ru said...

There is a thing I found in Xuan's drawing is that most of the faces he drew are smiling. That simply and directly mirrors his pure, happy heart. I'm so touched.

Selina Chew said...

Hi, nice blog. Your son is good at drawing faces. I used to allow my boys to draw with marker pens on the marble floor, as I was inspired by Julian Beever, the "sidewalk artist". However, it has to be on shiny surfaces as sometimes the ink stains on certain parts of the floor couldn't be erased off if it the shine has gone.

Regards,
Selina
http://inspiredkids.blogspot.com