Thursday, August 05, 2010

Homeschooling myself

Honestly I wished I was homeschooled.

I had a lovely primary schooling experience. When it comes to secondary school, I thought a lot of time was wasted learning un useful thing. especially in geography in other countries (that i have not been), sejarah just limited to one country... etc

I remembered my mom trusted me. I value that a lot. There are days i told her that i didn't want to go to school. coz it was very noisy i could not concentrate. she let me. I remember it dearly until today.

So when i stumbled upon homeschooling at the begining of this year, my found sparkles in my eyes. Yes! this is it! this is what I want. However, to homeschool my children is more than merely my decision. So meanwhile, waiting for my better half to really come on board. I am homeschooling myself!!

Before this, i used to think, to learn something, you need to go to "school". you need teachers. Recently learn up things myself having motivated by the homeschooling spirit championed by Learning beyond schooling.

I cut my own hair. Researched into non toxic tick solution for my first pet. I picked up cycling. I learn guitar. Bake scones etc. now creating an tick life cycle observation box. Some of these might not interest my kids. But it matters to me. I am revisiting events that i missed out due to rushing for exams in the schooling years.

No comments: