Wednesday, July 23, 2008

chicken drumstick steak


It is a good meal idea, to turn drumstick into steak. it becomes more presentable, cook faster and feels like more to eat too. It was inspired by the chicken rice i had in secret recipe. so I suggested to my maid to present the drumstick this way instead.

it was meant to be a western dish - lemon mustard mint chicken. My creative maid indonised it. added  soya sauce, limau pulut leaves, honey and sugar. I was hungry n ate without much thinking. But once I hear my hubby commented about the strong soya sauce. I feel rather angry about it. Why do I get a helper that does not follow recipe given to her. Hai that's what u get when u have an egoistic creative helper who likes to have a bit of her identity in everything she does. Everyday is a surprise in things she does.

3 comments:

Little Chef said...

Looks good! Am imagining the smell :p

mummy-M said...

hmm.. maybe salt would have been better than soya sauce.

guess you can't complain too much when you leave the cooking to your maid. Have same case at home when maid sort of knows how to cook and does it her way a bit vs the instructions given my MIL.. one time the pork fillets became too dry & hard. Then hubby commented it was hard, MIL sort of blamed maid saying if she had cooked it, it wouldn't be dry/hard?

Sometimes with cooking, it may be best you marinate & put it in the oven yourself. Then can't blame maid for not following intructions.

May help in keeping your sanity when dealing with domestic help.

greenhoihoi said...

yeah i guess... i shouldn't complain too much. in fact she cooks pretty well la. better than me sometimes. me sometimes have little patience to cook. i will leave the garnishing out.