Thursday, April 05, 2012

Gingerbread man (tuesday -3/4/12)

We've been enjoy reading the gingerbread man book from the library. So it is time to try out the recipes at the back of the book. After a well fed lunch we started our baking project. The kids were overjoyed.

I haven't done baking with them for a long time, as I was over occupied with curriculums. I see sparkles in their eyes, i am blessed with their undivided attention. they are fully engaged with their hands and all the senses. After the first round of bakes, they waited for it to cool down patiently and had it with a cup of cool milk. simply blissful.

I also witness a keen enthusiasm from my 3 yr old daughter in working with her hands. She was so focus in sieving the flour n sugar. I see a rare intense concentration coming from her. Silent Sweat drop from the hair to the forehead.

No comments: