Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Making dolls

I never really had a doll So dear that I remember. Mom has sort of trained us not to be too emotionally attached to anything, including pillows. I used to be rather proud of it. That I could go anywhere to sleep without bring anything familiar. But now I am having a second thought, that I might have missed out something, some feelings might have been suppressed. Recently I have picked up a doll making lesson. The doll looks nothing spectacular but the process of making a doll was valuable to me.

After many months part of the doll was complete. It was therapeutic for me to hug it n hold it in my hand. The I handed the doll to my girl. There was an unspeakable truth I felt. Mommy has made my first doll. And mommy will give my first doll to u. She observe every stitches on the doll.

Ok 2 more dolls to go for the boys.

Some online tutorials for making waldorf dolls for your child.
starrysheep.com/crafty/?page_id=645

No comments: