Tuesday, June 22, 2010

棕的感动 Dumplings that touch you.

A work of art. A beautifully crafted dumpling from Sarawak.
This year I have the priviledge to receive many different homemade dumplings from friends and neighbour.

First was a vegetarian dumpling - this one bought from Da ai educare. no meat, still managed to keep some good flavour. a humble celebration.

Then chang from Muar - made by Janice's mom. Everything comes in double - double mushroom, chestnuts, pork... you can feel the warmly double happiness there.

- chang from my sinsei neighbour - she made it with her fellow staff in the fully equipped clinic kitchen. tasted very yummy too, i suspect she flavored it with some salted fish.

- chang from my good old friend Jade - Her mom makes lovely chang without fail every year. She uses red bean in her chang wrapped by lovely white glutinous rice. The fatty meat used was soft and melts in your mouth.

- also chang from my good friend Myra - She made it with her mil. Delivered to me in a mickey mouse bag. It is also made with the white glutinous rice without the dark soya sauce. This time has some garlic accent in it.

and lastly a chang from sarawak made my Joshua's aunt- wrapped in local bamboo leave pluck from the local tropical forrest. thick and deep texture neatly wrapped the content with bamboo string. It has lovely white glutinous rice as well, and the ingredient taste slightly sweet with a dash of nyonya influence. it is simply heavenly and touched every bit of my heart. Also a big thanks to Esther for serving it to me first thing in the morning.

so 6 different types of chang I have tasted this year. It is a warm festival celeberated with great art and friendship. I can only be thankful.

No comments: